16 Ways to Increase Conversion Rates
Did you know that only 22% of companies are satisfied with their conversion rates?
While conversion rate optimization is a long-term process, it is advisable to look for the low-hanging fruit and some quick fixes that might just give you a boost and increase conversion rates.
Here are 11 suggestions to increase conversion rates:
- Make your website copy more concise – focus on your headline and provide less body copy that is easier to navigate. In fact, David Ogilvy has been famously quoted as saying “Fivetimes as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents of your dollar”.
- Adjust call-to-actions (CTAs) – position your CTAs to be more prominent to visitors and use copy that is easy to understand. An important point to remember is that the visitor can access the CTA from any site page.
- Shorten forms –visitors are more likely to complete forms that have less fields.
- Clarify company’s value proposition – benefits should be clearly understood on all landing pages and address how the product or service can solve your audience’s pain points.
- Boost incentives – engage visitors with promotions or giveaways.
- Create sales guide –provide step by step instructions that easily move visitors through the sales process.
- Build trust –if your potential customers don’t trust you, they are not going to convert. Client testimonials and logos, membership stats, reviews, and social proof all help your company’s reputation and online presence. Did you know that 92% of customers hesitate to make a purchase if there are no customer reviews and 97% say reviews factor into their buying decision? Be sure to link to pages or directories such as Yelp where customers have left reviews.
- Optimize your blog – match relevant current offers to highest performing posts.
- Add live chat – with live chat your customer service team can answer questions and alleviate concerns on the spot.
- Incorporate multimedia elements on landing pages – consumers prefer to engage with images and videos.
- Responsive and optimized for all devices – improve user experience by ensuring that all features are well-arranged and easy to navigate on all devices.
With over 52% of web traffic coming in from mobile users, more businesses are designing their online platforms with a mobile audience in mind. Here are 5 suggestions to increase conversion rates on mobile:
- Improve your page speed – smaller images and compressed images will help page speed. 40% of visitors will abandon sites that take more than 3 seconds to load with the optimal load time being 1.5 seconds. In fact, on mobile a 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- Simplify purchasing or enrollment process – limit steps in the checkout process and design CTA buttons so they are easy to see and click.
- Integrate on-page product recommendations – this is mostly used by e-commerce websites to improve their users’ shopping experience. One of the best ways to go about on-page product recommendations is suggesting products similar to what a customer is viewing or has recently viewed.
- Provide e-wallet payment method – 19% of customers abandon carts due to payment method distrust. Digital wallets are secured with multiple layers of encryption which makes them the safest option when making online purchases. Digital wallets also go a long way in making payments intuitive and seamless on mobile platforms
- Add search feature – visitors who use an internal site search tend to convert at a much higher rate than those who don’t. That’s because the users of the feature are often people who already know the product or service that they want and have a much higher purchase intent. You don’t want these visitors to bounce from your site because finding that product wasn’t as easy as it could be.
The tactics mentioned above are a great place to start to strategically increase conversion rates and your marketing ROI. Having said that, keep in mind that some of these are likely to drive better results for your business than others. The important thing is to define your goals, gather data, and continuously run objective tests to find out what resonates with your target audience.
Leave a reply